Saturday, November 7, 2009

Spoke too soon

So my 22nd birthday was a couple of days ago (yaay, I'm getting old), and as always (since it's one the same day every year) it seemed to be on an odd time. I still remember my 17th was on the first day of my final secondary school examination. Talk about heart-stopping present.

Moving on, my cousins really spoil me so. They gave me a really cute card;

.. that had a great caption

(Sorry, not enough light for camera phone)
But the funniest part is that reading that, I remembered we had tried that once already, ended up feeling odd or going home to eat proper food XD

Thanks so much cuzzies and nephews :)

Now comes the guilty part.
When I was given the card, I did not know what it was and through some hints deduced that it was for a bookshop. Unfortunately, I blurted (gotta love that word) out that I have yet to use a gift card given to me for the bookshop Borders (whoops, ditto on the gift).

Now I feel guilty I said that because this afternoon I had a real good look at what Borders had in stock... and came back with these three items (yes, I could steal 3 books from Borders. My cousins are too generous!);


I'm sorry I lied when I said I don't have much to get from Borders!!! D:

First up is Angie Sage's Septimus Heap (7th son of a 7th son) book 5!! And I thought she was all done in the last book when they met Hotep-Ra... and there's a spoiler for you. As you can see by the receipt sticking out of the book... I've already begun :D

Next up is this magazine I found on the mag shelf.... Have not heard of it but I did flip through it and looks like it's going to be an interesting and enlightening read. I hope.

Then there's Computer Arts.... To awesome for words. I didn't think I'd find it in Borders. What I think is one of the best design resources there is because it's so much more than tutorials :) I've always flipped through them but this is the first edition I personally own!
E-P-I-C, I will treasure it forever.

Not to forget the CD and exclusive 2010 calender that comes with it! *nerdy squeal*
Illustrator CS4 training...
Royalty-free textures...
Video tutorials...
Did I mention epic?


Thank you so much!!
Eeek don't spoil me!! :D

D

4 comments:

Miz Ling :) said...

Lol!! I thought you didn't get anything from borders coz u spent afternoons there reading the books you liked!! But I'm really really really glad you found some good books!!! Can't wait to have a proper birthday celebration next Friday and Saturday!

Amy said...

LOL at "nerdy squeal". glad you liked it :D

DaphneL said...

oh, well and that too :) Thanks jie jies!!

Wendy Tan said...

Wendy here..

Happy belated birthday, Daphne!Hope this didn't come to you too,too late! =)