Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I see what you did tharrr....

You might have been wondering what I've been up to since university released me from it's stuffy, mildew, dusty, grimy arms. If you weren't, why the heck did you click the link?

The title? Doesn't mean anything.

Back to the topic. Last Monday I handed in all my assignments for hopefully the last time. I've never had to retake a semester and I hope I don't start now.... If I had to do it again, it would be fun, but my rational part of the brain probably wouldn't survive the shock. But I digress.

copy pasta from deviantArt journallll!!!one!11!!

The past fortnight has been sheer... well there's no word coming up in my head contradictory enough to describe it. It was the last fortnight of my life as a student. For now. And for a long time more I hope. My schedule had included working on my assignments for 16 to 17 hours a day, not inclusive of walking to campus at nine or ten and going home at 1am the next day and back again. Working with another student as a client and designer was certainly interesting. Web design was a blast. It was also too much to teach in that short span of 12 weeks. There's so much to learn still but at least I've gotten a hang of html, CSS and a snippet or javascript (omg i touched jQuery! *squeal*). I wish they'd implement some of the stuff from CSS3 already.... Then there was promotional design where i was secretly working for PeTA and Mitsubishi... so secret they have no idea and am not going to get wind of it... ever.

Loads of fun happened within those last days. I made more friends during that time than I did the rest of the year. Note to introverts: working on campus with everyone will increase the probability of someone talking to you in comparison to working at home. I for one loved the environment. Late nights with people walking around bare foot, a rubbish bag full to the brim with popcorn, beer in the locker (not that i had any, i've a weird aversion to alcohol), cinema ice cream, and lots of biscuits. I must have finished a carton of that at least this week. Bad for brain cells though, I'll need to get back to eating solid food and vegetables again. Mmm the road to recovery is filled with green munchies.

END copy pasta from deviantArt journallll!!!one!11!!

Unfortunately, the greenie munchies have not surfaced... as you will see.

What else have I been up to, you may or may not ask? For one, I've been browsing clothes and see what suits wardrobe wise. But I shall spare your eyes and not post the pictures here. Other than that...

eating crap


planning top secret hoo-haa


watched Paranormal Activities free courtesy of Student Union. I found it scary, but then again I find an open window with billowing curtains scary


catching up on reading


Dirt Cheap Books opened a store in the city! Lollipop Shoes (Chocolat sequel for 9.95) was a great read!


bought myself a 2009 birthday present, seeing as my mum went to England and bought 2-3 pairs of boots


browsed bookshops - love the cover of this book, which looks like it's gonna be a great read as well


Not to mention catching up on my reading of RSS feeds that I've ignored during the rough weeks. So much to absorb! Life's a never ending learning and improving process. In short, we live, we work, we die. Yay.

Well, it's going to be 1am soon and I need to get to work in 8 hours. Time for bed!

-D-

1 comment:

Satya said...

Daphne! :D S'been awhile. This provided a brief, welcome distraction to finishing-off-assignment-work and exam prep. Nice to see you working on top secret projects that you can tell the world about on your blog. =P