Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Boredom

It's been 5 weeks since I submitted my Major Project and today the school is going to screen it at ACMI, Federation Square. This would be the only chance in the near future that my project will get to be screened openly because it is an interactive. However I've yet to make it available online because I've fallen into a sort of lethargy.

And I have to say that there are certain things I would like to say that I can't because my little brother happily informed my parents about this blog. So now it's a controlled blog. Shad, we're in the same boat now, row man! ROW!

But in any case...

My cousin and cousin-in-law are building a house using a mass-builder. It's something like, they have certain plans you can choose from and certain stuff (doors, bricks, windows, tiles) that you can choose from, but they'll build it on your land. I find it interesting because although you might not get 100% the house you dreamed off, it would be at least 70% your choice. So I tagged along for the choosing of the building blocks of the house. (Pun, no?)

Surprising, or unsurprisingly enough, Metricon (mass-builder) was full of woman consultants. We saw only 1 guy consultant... and he was handling carpets. And I found out how exhausting it could be to match a whole house of colours. Granted we worked through it all one by one; brick, roof, gutter, awning, weatherboard, garage door, windows, window frames, door handles, toilet bowls, bath tubs, shower cubicles, taps, sinks, mirrors, shower heads, kitchen bench tops, splash walls, feature walls, normal walls, drawer and cupboard handles, toilet sink tops, cupboard colours, kicker colours, carpet types and colours, shutters, blinds, stairs, front slope thingy.... My goodness I didn't even know you could choose for half of these before yesterday. It took about 4 hours for all that, and they haven't even chosen tiles! If I ever buy land in the future, I'm probably going to make sure there's a working house on it. And do renovations. Or I might just get an apartment.

Not that I'm complaining. No. It was just that there were so many choices that when asked for an opinion, I kind of reverted back to logic rather than taste to help them choose. It's a good thing that my cousins had certain likes and dislikes. Else we'd have been stumped for longer maybe. It's a good thing the interior consultant we met were supportive. By the end of that me and my cousin were quite stoned. Went home to sleep.

Also, I helped my uncle push my aunts car out of the driveway and onto the road and on the driveway again because the battery was dead. Unfortunately it was no Kancil.

I want to start cold calling for work... but since im planning to go back in January I'm not sure if employees want a 1 month-er. Maybe I'll try. Wish me luck~

-D-

P.S. Whee for weird green layouts... -_-

No comments: